Wednesday, September 12, 2012

#2 To Be or Not to Be.....An Administrator

Why do I want to be an administrator?

    I don't.....not yet, anyway. I am very passionate about leadership and education, but I feel very satisfied in the classroom right now. This is only my fifth year of teaching, and I have had the opportunity to hold various leadership positions within and outside of school. All of these opportunities have helped equip me for this program, but I chose this program to learn more about administration/leadership at different levels and capacities, and to gain a more global understanding of how public education functions on a local,state, and national level. One day, I would like to become a coach for teachers or do curriculum development of some kind. I may change my mind and want to be a principal, but for right now, I see myself taking a different leadership approach.

1 comment:

  1. If you were the principal I would want to work at your school :) I know you will be an AWESOME administrator some day but even now you are an inspirational leader! Your thoughtfulness and passion for what you do is inspiring!
    YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete