Sunday, September 9, 2012

Student Choice #1- She Can't Spell Leadership


                                  
Leadership. There...I spelled it. This blog's title is not a glaringly obvious typo that I forgot to correct before submitting changes to my blog title, but rather, my attempt at being clever.

     As I continue on my journey to a Master's Degree in Instructional Leadership, one thing has become clear to me. I will have to start reading more.....other than Hunger Games. School leadership involves reading and keeping track of the latest legislation, news, and trends related to education, including technology, special education, behavior management, curriculum, and pedagogy. Of course, reading educational journals and collecting professional books doesn't makes someone a great administrator; however, without the knowledge these resources can offer, an adminstrator would not be as effective and relevant to the faculty.
 
     As I read about school leadership and current issues facing public education, I will blog about my thoughts and opinions...me? thinking? Scary, I know... They may not be your thoughts and opinions, so don't hesitate to leave a comment or two. It's nice to discuss things from different perspectives. :) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment