Wednesday, October 3, 2012

#7: Student Choice- Teachers Are People

Teachers Are People

     I came across this funny Disney video from 1952 entitled "Teachers are People". Although it is from 1952, there are several relevant scenes and themes still found in today's schools. I think we have all had a "George" or two in our class. One of my favorite parts of the video is the last scene that shows Goofy sitting at his desk with piles of paperwork around him. That seems all too familiar these days....RtI, IEPs, lesson plans, grades, newsletters, PLPs, etc....

    Considering this class is about technology, I find it necessary to comment on Goofy's "best practices with technology"..(or lack there of)..and the direct correlation to his students' active engagement and participation. Since this video was made in 1952, Goofy could only utilize his classroom map and give a "lecture" type of instruction to "engage" his students. I wonder what effect a SMARTBoard in Goofy's class would've had on the level of student engagement....

Watch and enjoy. :)
See anything you can relate to? What was your favorite part of the video?

1 comment:

  1. Well, yes, I can relate. We still sing that song "Good Morning to you...," And the toy drawer, my toy drawer is fuller this year than ever before. :)

    ReplyDelete