Saturday, October 13, 2012

#9- Student Choice: Lovin' Linoit

     I recently used Linoit in my classroom to complete a question related to our reading story. Typically, I have students write a response on a sticky note, and he/she posts the sticky note on a graphic organizer or chart paper I've made. The chart stays up during the week so we can refer back to it, however my afternoons before discovering Linoit were spent taping sticky notes back up to the chart paper. (Yes, even the super sticky ones...and no, I didn't have the heart to throw them away.) So....now that Linoit has come into my life, I no longer spend my post-dismissal time in search of fallen sticky notes. This seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.....

Here is a picture of my students' responses to our reading question. The four colors represent the four reading group in my class. Since I am a very visual person, this just allowed me to quickly assess who had not answered the introductory question. The students came up to the SMARTBoard during one of their Daily 5 activites, and used the keyboard on the SMARTBoard to type their sticky note. All it took was a quick model for the students and they caught on immediately. Next time I used it, I want to post a video for the students to watch and respond to on sticky notes. Our story this upcoming week has a great video that interviews the actual characters from the passage. My plan is to watch the video together,then have the students compose one question they still have and a response from the video on a sticky note during small group rotations. I'll let you know how it goes. :)


How do people show kindess?

No comments:

Post a Comment